In a very busy world where stress is the norm rather than the exception, it’s important you seek to mitigate stress using any technique that works for you! Your brain manages all of your bodily functions, so it’s important you protect it. Understanding chronic stress and its effects on your brain can help you protect yourself!
Here are some of the effects of chronic stress on your brain
- Stress shrinks your brain
- Stress kills brain cells
- Stress Hinders Cognition, Expression, and Memory
- Stress Depletes Brain Chemicals
- Stress Shuts Down Functions and Sharpens Others
- If a threat is especially severe or recurs frequently, such as protracted combat or living with abuse, the chemicals that carry messages from one nerve cell to another become depleted, and the brain becomes sluggish and inefficient. According to the American Institute of Stress, this can lead to a variety of mental health effects, including:
- Sleep disturbances
- Racing thoughts and difficulty concentrating
- Difficulty learning
- Difficulty making decisions
- Obsessive or compulsive behaviors
- Increased hostility, worry and guilt
Call us today to learn more about taking care of yourself and your employees!