The Stress Impact
Excessive work hours (75 percent), lack of work/life balance (65 percent) and fears about job loss (64 percent) are the foremost sources of stress affecting organizations today.
Significant gaps, however, exist in companies’ actions to reduce these stressors, as only
24 percent of companies are taking actions to address excessive workloads, 40 percent are acting on work/life balance and 42 percent are addressing fears about job loss. (Towers Watson Report 2009-2010)
Reasons Why Your Company should have a Massage Wellness Program
- Decreased Health Care Costs- Prevention is the key to lower health care costs. Employers are trying to keep health care costs due to the rising health insurance premiums.
- Workplace Morale- a relaxed office is a happy office and that translates into more productivity. Message stimulates the immune system encouraging natural healing to take place, keeping employees healthier.
- Healthy employees have less absenteeism.
- Employees that feel taken care of are more loyal to a company then one which takes their employees for granted.
- Employees that feel that they are being taken care of, embody a sense of greater responsibility toward the company.
- Healthier employees lead to lower premiums.
- You will recruit and retain top notch employees.
Message Therapy lowers heart rate and blood pressure, activates the parasympathetic nervous system, lowers the “fight or flight” pattern, and lowers cortisol levels.
With too much cortisol in the blood, it can cause:
- Impaired cognitive performance
- Suppressed thyroid function
- Blood sugar imbalances such as hyperglycemia
- Decreased bone density
- Decrease in muscle tissue
- Higher blood pressure
- Lowered immunity and inflammatory responses in the body, slowed wound healing, and other health consequences
- Increased abdominal fat, which is associated with a greater amount of health problems than fat deposited in other areas of the body. Some of the health problems associated with increased stomach fat are heart attacks, strokes, the development of metabolic syndrome, higher levels of “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and lower levels of “good” cholesterol (HDL), which can lead to other health problems!
Body Charge has been in the business of wellness since 1997. Working in numerous situations, we have personally seen how morale increases while we do work in corporations all over the USA.
We have seen employees come in on their day off to get their weekly massage….now that is loyalty!
And to make things easier, we can provide on-line scheduling for your employees so you don’t have to worry about sign- up sheets. They can also get a reminder email for their appointments.